CONCEPT: Liza Šimenc, Tatiana Kocmur
PERFORMERS: Liza Šimenc, Tatiana Kocmur
COSTUME DESIGN: Liza Šimenc, Tatiana Kocmur
INSTALLATION: Tatiana Kocmur, Liza Šimenc
SUPPORT: UFERSTUDIOS Berlin, Floathing Castle festival, 2er festival, Hoffest, Zelenica gallery
Standing still and observing the thoughts.
Images are created and poetical space is opening for us together.
Project Kresnička ( firefly ) is a collaboration with (Slovene/ Argentinian) artist Tatiana Kocmur it is ongoing project that started in 2017.
We are doing standing interventions in public space, standing still for approximately 1 hour in diverse spaces at night in full silver body suite with the lighted mask on our head and observing our senses and the change of the space with our presence.
Aim of the project is to expose female body and it's symbolic value. To expose it and objectify it, present it as an object. We are giving critique on female body that is seen in a certain context as a symbol of pleasure and desire of strictly physical appearance.
Researching the looks, feedback and presence of people observing us in different situations in uncommon public spaces. The base is the inside look at our thoughts and the stories that are constantly reappearing during standing in the same position. I would describe our work as an psychological research and a deep meditative process of observation and creation.
We are also interested in how we are transforming the space itself, with installing our body into it.
The project is raising awareness to the women that are sexually harassed. Exposing this topic within the alien gesture as is the act of sexual harassment itself.
- festival Floating Castle, July 2017, Snežnik Castle, Slovenija
- Month of Research, August/September 2017, Uferstudios Berlin, Germany
- festival Atonal, August, Berlin, Germany
- festival 2er, August 2017, Hannover, Germany
- festival Hoffest, September 2017, Reinsdorf, Germany
- Zelenica gallery, October 2017, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Psytabor, August 2018, Krka, Slovenia
- Švicerija, atelje M 1/5 November 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia
-Prmejduš, November 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia